I am delighed to announce that The Thicket is relaunching with its second issue on the theme of ‘Wintering‘, with submissions opening 1st December 2023 and closing 1st January 2024.
The magazine will continue to showcase the best of written poetry, and will be free to read on our website. The theme for this issue is ‘Wintering’ – the act of retiring and withdrawing in dark and difficult times to re-energise and recuperate. We are excited to read your unique and creative interpretations of this theme.
- Entries will cost £3 (1 entry = 1 poem.) These can be purchased here.
- You can send as many poems as you like.
- Free entries will be available from this page for those who need them, no questions asked.
- Poems should be under 40 lines.
- Poems should be submitted via Word or Google Doc.
- In your email please include your name, and any social media handles you may have (If you have a no-fee option please quote this order number).
- Please include your payment reference in the email.
- Please put “Thicket submission” in the subject line of the email.
- Submit to email@example.com
“Why are you charging for submissions?”
Because our submissions reader, our designer, our editor, and our marketer all deserve paying for their time to consider the poems we receive, and to build the magazine. We also pay to host the magazine on our website and keep it free for everyone to read. We have free submissions option for those who need it, no questions asked.
“What’s the theme?”
The theme for this issue is ‘Wintering’ – however you interpret that to be.
“When will I hear back from my submission?”
We will be taking January to read submissions and aim to get back to everyone within 4 weeks.
“Is this a paid opportunity?”
Not currently. As Fawn Press is currently unfunded the submissions fees go towards keeping the magazine running and keeping it a free resource for all. I’m currently in the process of writing a bid for funding and I hope to change this soon.
“When will the magazine go live?“
It will go live in Spring 2024 and will be available to read for free on the website.